Booo-tiful Halloween Movie Cupcakes

 

Posted in , ,

This year for Halloween my husband had the greatest suggestion. He said why don't we invite some friends over and watch some Halloween movies. That got me thinking. Why don't I make cupcakes to go along with each movie we are going to watch? I am so excited about my cupcakes. I think they came out great! They are Pumpkin Pecan Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting. YUM! I also made chocolate transfers (my first time ever!) of a character from each movies. You'll find the pics and recipes below. Enjoy and have a happy and safe Halloween!

Pumpkin Pecan Cupcakes (recipe by ME!)

1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup pumpkin pie filling
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 cup self rising flour
1/4 cup candied pecans (recipe here)

Mix heavy cream, vanilla and eggs together for 1 minute. Add eggs and mix for 3 minutes. Add pumpkin pie filling and pumpkin pie spice and mix until combined. Fold in flour and pecans. Bake cupcakes for 20 minutes at 350.

Maple Cream Cheese Frosting (recipe also by ME!)

1 8oz pkg of cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter at room temperature
1 cup confectioners sugar
2 TBSP pure maple syrup

Beat all ingredients until fluffy.


Cupcakes for Halloween movie night and for the Booo-tiful Halloween Cupcake Contest. Hosted by How to Eat a Cupcake and I heart cuppycakes.



Scream




Friday the 13th (Jason mask)




It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown




Nightmare Before Christmas



Leah

This entry was posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 and is filed under , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

1 comments

I love the Scream cupcake! Thanks for entering the Halloween Cupcake Contest :)
Clara @ iheartcuppycakes!

Post a Comment